The Utility-45 is a heavy-duty work light upgraded in 2018 to deliver even more visibility, with greater intensity and improved spread of light, facilitating safer and more productive work environments. The 50 lux line, defined by HSE as the effective level of illumination when working outdoors at night, is achieved at 16m distance, with a spread of 10m (mounted at 3m with 20 degree down angle). Combined with design features for maximising functionality and reliability, this is a product that can be relied on to deliver exceptional performance, time after time, whatever the application.
Continual improvement in, and adoption of, the latest and most efficient LED technology means the Utility Series stands apart from other work light solutions. 4 high density LEDs deliver 4,560 raw lumens which is harnessed through ultra-reflective, vacuum-metallised optics designed and engineered in the UK using advanced CAD design and light simulation software. The result – more light distributed over a bigger area, and with the LEDs carefully selected for their colour temperature, proven to maximise definition while reducing fatigue and strain that can come from using higher colour ranges.
The consistently high level of light output is maintained through an innovative CAE optimised ‘Matrix’ cooling system; the increased surface area ensures heat generated during operation of the lamp is more efficiently dissipated away from the unit. This process allows the light output to be maximised for longer, simultaneously the Electronic Thermal Management system optimises light output considering the environmental and thermal conditions of the lamp.
Lighting performance aside, the Utility Series is a product built to last, and to withstand the harshest of environments. The polycarbonate lens with hardcoat, is now bonded in place to guarantee water-tightness, and in keeping with the comprehensive 5 year warranty*, the lamps have been extensively tested to comply with EU regulations in relation to vibration, shock, and corrosion resistance, and alongside a super-tough construction, advanced electronic design ensures full EMC protection to CISPR-25 (Class 3) standards.
Supplied with male/female Deutsch connectors (part no. DT06-2S/DT04-2P), the Utility-45 is available with a choice of ‘Wide’ or ‘Slimline’ mounting bracket. Lamps with additional cable protection are available where the installation is being made onto trucks required to comply with ADR regulations.
* – 5 Year Warranty applies for Automotive and Commercial Fleet use, all other applications, a 2 Year Warranty period applies.
- UNECE approved Work Light (Reg 10)
- High density, premium ‘bin’ LEDs
- Advanced optical design delivers superior lighting performance
- CAE optimised ‘Matrix’ cooling system offers improved thermal dynamics
- Electronic thermal management system optimises light output to preserve longevity of the LEDs
- Anodised pre-treatment and automotive grade powder top-coat for ultimate corrosion and chemical protection
- EMC protected – CISPR 25: 2008 (Class 3)
- Over voltage protected
- Reverse polarity protected
- ADR compliant versions available (does not cover vehicle side connections)
- Optional Quad Core Dampening System protects against vibration (Wide Mount compatible only)
- ‘Unbreakable’ polycarbonate lens with hardcoat lacquer
- IP67 watertight
- 5-year warranty*
- Supplied with pre-wired male/female 2-pin Deutsch connectors
- Designed and manufactured in UK
- * – 5 Year Warranty applies for Automotive and Commercial Fleet use, all other applications, a 2 Year Warranty period applies.